Pescamazon - Destinations
The Amazon is by far the best place on earth
to fish for the giant catfish;
Especially in Brazil (Amazon tributaries), you can find a variety of
catfish not found anywhere else, as well as the biggest.
Amongst the big ones: the
- Gilded catfish (Zungaro zungaro),
- RedTail Catfish (Phractocephalus
hemioliopterus) and the heavy weight
- Laulau (Brachyplatystoma filamentosum) of which
species of over 300 lbs have been captured.
These are fish that challenge any angler, not only for their size and
absurd strength, but also for their ability to use or hide in natural
environment structures found in and on the Amazon River bottom.
We of Pescamazon are specialists in this kind of fishing; by knowing
the best spots where these cat's are found.
Catfishing can be done year around, but the fishing spots we take you
will vary due to the period of the year you choose.
prepared with heavy equipment:
Heavy rods and reels, mono or braided lines rated over 100 lbs and big
circular hooks are required to stand a change of landing the big fish.
Lead, bait, underlines and other will be provided by Pescamazon.
FISHING CONDITIONS & TIPS
While cat fishing can be practiced all year around.
Fishing will be done, two anglers + pilot, out of aluminum fishing boats,
equipped with outboard engine and electric trolling motor.
For big catfish however, really heavy salt water type equipment is
required. As for recommending equipment;
although the possibility of catching a 100 lbs up Catfish is real,
you’ll be more likely catching fish up to 60 lbs., we recommend the use of
50 to 100 lbs. casting rods with up to 100 lbs. multifilament lines for
These recommendations are based on experience, space and playing
conditions, not to be taken as a rule.
TRAVEL SCHEDULE (example)
- International flights are regular to
the Manaus airport, where PESCAMAZON will meet you upon arrival, for
transfer to and accommodation in local hotel.
- Day one - Boarding a domestic,
one hour flight to Parintins, transfer and checking in the
awaiting houseboat, navigating will start immediately after settling in,
and upon sunrise early next morning, fishing may begin.
- Day two thru day six - Fishing.
- Day seven – Fishing in the
morning and after lunch we will begin our trip back to Parintins.
- Day eight – Early domestic
flight back to Manaus, where your international connection can be made.
INCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE
- Transfers from and to international
airport, hotel and regional airport:
Arriving day, hotel accommodations;
- Round-trip domestic flight to Parintins;
- House-boat accommodations, full pension
aboard, except alcoholic beverage;
- Fully equipped fishing boats, live
baits, pilot, fuel and cooler with snacks, meals and beverage;
- Fishing license;
- Pescamazon guide.
NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE PRICE
- Airfare to Manaus or Belém;
- There are no hidden costs, but the
following items are charged as extras;
- Hotel accommodations and meals on
return to Manaus, they can be reserved by PESCAMAZON upon request;
- Phone calls, satellite phone will be
- Alcoholic beverage;
- Airport tax, as required when boarding
- Excess weight of baggage;
- Tipping is permitted at free will and
PRICE, RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT
- The price of the Catfish package is
US$ 2,500.00 (US. Dollar);
- Approximately $900 from Miami x
Manaus x Miami;
- Final payment is due 30 days prior to
- For cancellation and refunding policy,
please check our
Terms & Conditions.
Reservations are accepted through a 10
% deposit, up to 60 days prior to departure.
- We strongly recommend use of common
sense while packing;
- Portuguese is the official language
in Brazil, but an English-Portuguese interpreter will always be
available on the trip;
- Tropical climate, typical wet
conditions, require climatic and proper protection for electronic
equipment, photo cameras and general baggage, even a light weight rain
suite may we wanted for shelter in sudden rainfall;
- There are no shops along the river,
so personal hygienic items, medicine, sun protection, etc. are to be
bought in advance;
- You will be traveling deep into a
tropical rainforest environment, where insects and mosquitoes are
common and personal care and protection is required. Wearing light
weight, breathing long sleeved shirts and trousers are to be
considered and insect repellents may be necessary while in the open,
at sunrise and sun fall;
- Preventive tetanus and yellow fever
inoculations are always recommended.
- Visa information can be obtained in
the official website:
Consulate General of Brazil in Houston
Brasilian Embassies and Consulates
in your country.